Mission of OpenResty Inc.
- Make it easy to do high throughput and dynamic Internet applications.
- Have machines program tedious business systems for humans.
- Make Internet business logic easy to change by everyone.
- Keep humans focused on expressing and managing business level knowledge.
- Retain clean separation of technical implementations and representations of business logic.
- Make it easy to compare and swap the technical stacks used in business systems.
History of OpenResty®
Born as an API platform for a major Internet search engine
- 2009 ~ 2011
Began serving the data analytics platform of a major e-Commerce site
Began serving the global gateway of a large US based CDN company
Yearly downloads grew six times, over 550,000
Rated as one of the TOP 10 most popular web servers on the Internet
- Late 2015
Held the first OpenResty Con in Beijing, China
- Early 2017
OpenResty Inc. incorporated in the U.S.
More than 230,000 Internet websites running OpenResty®
- Aug 2017
Launched OpenResty® Edge, the first commercial product
- Founded in the SF Bay Area on March 1, 2017.
- Our founder is OpenResty's creator, Yichun Zhang.
- Subsidiaries in mainland China and Hong Kong.
- An international team with people from the U.S. and China.
- Our current engineering team has about 10 people.
- We have technical experts from different fields.